Nothing makes your home feel a little newer than a little home improvement. Whether it is something small or something big, home improvements can make that old house feel new and exciting.
As we get ready to wind down another year, we'd like to give you some ideas that could really help make your home new and exciting:
- A small change that makes a big difference. You would be amazed what a simple change can do to spruce things up. A coat of paint on the kitchen cabinets, flower pots added to the edges of your front steps, rug applied to the stairs that lead to the second floor, new fixtures in the bathroom, or some other DIY project that doesn't require a lot of materials or time can make something old feel like something new.
- More light and more life. If you're looking to make a change that is a little more permanent, a new garden window installed in the kitchen is the perfect way to go. A garden window extrudes from your home, offering a space to put plants, flowers, decorative glass, and other decor. It will also bring a lot more light into your kitchen.
- Something practical. Replacement windows are a way to make the interior and exterior of your home more beautiful, but they're also a practical upgrade. With new double or triple pane glass, you'll keep more heat inside during the winter months, and more cool air inside during the summer. New windows are easier to clean on all levels of your home, even the top floor, and if you live in the city, you'll really hear the difference new windows will make in noise reduction.
- Something flashy. The most cost-effective way to beautify a home is by adding a new entry door, but it is a change everyone will notice. Though a new front door retains its value and adds to your equity, what you'll notice most is how that new door makes you feel every time you return home from work.
- A complete facelift. Adding new siding to a home is like buying a new house. Sure, you'll immediately benefit from the energy savings and protection it will give your exterior walls, but this is an investment that will feel a whole lot bigger than what you paid for it.
The team here at Wells Custom can help you find the best upgrade for your budget. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation, in-home, estimate. And, happy home improving!